Boxed Style

আইফোন জিতে ক্লিক করুন

Friday 25 October 2013

Naomi Campbell reunited with Vivienne Westwood platforms on Jonathan Ross

Naomi Campbell reunited with Vivienne Westwood platforms on Jonathan Ross

Supermodel Naomi Campbell literally takes a walks down memory lane in the latest episode Jonathan Ross
Naomi Campbell on the Jonathan Ross show in the Vivienne Westwood shoes
Naomi Campbell on the Jonathan Ross show in the Vivienne Westwood shoes Photo: REX
In Naomi Campbell's new reality TV modelling show The Face, she teaches a masterclass in catwalking. "That's the most incredible thing I've ever seen!" gasped one of the in-awe contestants. "It's like she's walking on water!"
But Jonathan Ross had a catwalk challenge of his own up his sleeve for Campbell's appearance on his chat show.
The host produced the exact pair of purple, lace-up Vivienne Westwood platforms which Campbell famously fell down the catwalk in back in 1993.
"No, no, no, no…" squeals London-born Naomi when Ross produces the shoes, in the episode set to air on October 26.
But then she softens and begins caressing them, saying: "how are you shoe?"
Ross then asks Naomi to wear the shoes once again and his studio is turned into a makeshift catwalk.
Campbell first wore the shoes as part of a Vivienne Westwood catwalk show during Paris Fashion Week. They are now exhibited in the Victoria & Albert museum.
During her appearance on the show, Ross questions the 43-year-old about her drug use in previous years.
"I'm happy where I am today. I live in the day. I stay in my day and I'm happy," says Campbell. "I don't want to go back [to drugs]."
When asked how she overcame her addiction and maintaining her appearance she says: "I think everyone comes to their conclusion no matter what it is that you're addicted to. You can be addicted to work. All it is an escapism. It's escaping something, no matter what. For me, I came to my realisation at 29 that I didn't like myself the way I was, and that was it," Naomi explains.
Campbell is currently gracing TV screens as a model mentor on Sky Living's The Face, which sees 12 would-be models compete against teams headed up by fellow top models Caroline Winberg and Erin O'Connor.
Campbell is joined on The Jonathan Ross Show by X-factor judges Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger, tenor Alfie Boe and comedian Stephen Merchant.

Naomi Campbell taking a tumble in the Vivienne Westwood show in 1993. All photos: Rex