Boxed Style

আইফোন জিতে ক্লিক করুন

Thursday 4 February 2016

I’ll listen to my brother from now on: Ershad

Sun Online Desk
4 February, 2016 20:18
I’ll listen to my brother from now on: Ershad
Admiring own decision, Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad on Thursday said that the change in party leadership was the best decision he had taken in his entire political career.

He also expressed his satisfaction over the recent party activities saying the party was advancing rapidly with the support of the people after recent changes in party’s leadership.

The former President made the statement in a programme arranged by Jatiya Party Dhaka city north unit at Emmanuell Centre at Gulshan according receptions to the newly announced co-chairman GM Quader and secretary general ABM Ruhul Amin Hawlader.

Being confident, Ershad said that no one could divide or destroy Jatiya Party. He also asserted that Raushan Eshad, the leader of the opposition and also senior presidium member of the party would remain beside him in the party.

Criticising former secretary general Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu, Ershad said, “Ruhul Amin was secretary general for 14 years. But he didn’t say a word when I had removed him from the post.”

“That is loyalty... that is love. I made someone else secretary general in his place who shoved me out of my party after I made my brother (GM Quader) co-chairman. Is that even possible?”

The supporters were heard chanting, “No... no... no... Bablu is a traitor … traitor.”

“But I’m forgetting all of this from today, I’ll listen to my brother from now on,” said Ershad as he resumed.

Freshly selected co-chairman GM Quader said the leaders and activists of the party across the country had accepted the new leaderships.

Ruhul Amin said that he would work for strengthening the party and to keep the party united.