Boxed Style

আইফোন জিতে ক্লিক করুন

Tuesday 26 July 2016

FOR THEM GIRLS WITH A LOT OF HAIR

FARIA KHAN
Hair – you and I – we both have it, but I'd like to say I have a little bit more than you. Sometimes this extra amount is a hassle when it's not busy being a true blessing. This is not about ranting but merely an honest description of what we girls with a lot of hair have to face on a daily basis.
Let's start with going to sleep and hair. We have all read it a hundred times: loosely tie your hair before going to sleep to avoid breakage. However, tying it means feeling the huge bundle of hair on the back of your head, or on the side and I am really not a huge fan of that. So I just let it all loose. Now waking up to this hair means taking at least ten minutes to detangle all that mess. My morning routine is almost completely taken up by combing my hair back to reality.
Moving on to shower and hair. A lot of hair means more time to wash it. It also means more shampoo and more conditioner. If you are the brave thug who skips the conditioner, bless your guts. I'll admit it, I'm lazy and I can't be wasting time on conditioning. So after drying my hair I spritz some leave-on conditioner and trust me, it does wonders. Without this, it's all a tangled mess that I am not ready to deal with. Drying the hair itself is a major problem. I had so much hair at a point, that it took almost the whole day to completely dry it. I tried to skip on the blow dryer but I couldn't. Just couldn't. Also, a match not made in heaven is thick wet hair and sleep. You can't let it dry naturally. The voluminous hair takes its own course. It just blows up and feels weird.
Hair, and it's really just everywhere. You lose so much it's similar to a dog or a cat shedding its fur. After your room is cleaned, dust isn't the main dirt, turns out, it's all just hair. Even after you're done blow drying your hair, when you look down on the floor, what do you see? Hair! After you're done with your shower and you see that the water's not going down as it's supposed to, what's wrong with the drain? Oh, your hair got it all clogged up.
Making yourself look pretty and hair. Straightening your hair might take a couple of hours. So you pretty much need to clear your schedule to either straighten or curl your hair. Holding up these curlers and flat irons for hours will give you a work out, really. Plus, you can't really be following those YouTube tutorials. Nothing stays where it is supposed to stay no matter how much hair spray you're using. Especially, with the humidity in our country, it's a big no-no.
Even though the weight of the hair itself can give you a headache, you know you won't be becoming bald any time soon so go ahead and be proud of the bombshell hair you have!
Faria Khan is an ambivert who truly believes in the divine power of music. Give her a piece of your mind at fariaa.964@gmail.com