Boxed Style

আইফোন জিতে ক্লিক করুন

Friday 2 January 2015

President steps into 72, seeks blessing from all


DHAKA, Jan 2, 2015 (BSS)-President Abdul Hamid sought blessing from the countrymen as he stepped into 72 years yesterday.

"I have been able to come to this position because of the blessing and love of the people," said the President while speaking at a simple function organized to celebrate his birthday at Bangabhaban.

Family members, close relatives and Bangabhaban staffers attended the function held at the Darbar Hall of the President's residence.

President Abdul Hamid was greeted with floral bouquets. He cut a cake amid clapping of the guests.

A munajat was offered seeking divine blessing for the long life of the President as well as continued peace, progress and prosperity of the country.

In his brief speech, Abdul Hamid said people's blessing and love has helped him to come to this position.

"I seek blessing from all so that I could discharge my responsibilities with dignity and honor unto my death," said the President.

He also recalled his boyhood days and said 71-year is a long time in one sense. "But when I think about myself it appears to be a matter of that day," said the President.